Professor Jorge Sá (PhD Columbia University; MBA Drucker University; Jean Monnet Chair; Peter Drucker speaker) gave last week a talk on:
“Philip Kotler on business strategy for brand/product managers”
The conference focused on the 14 strategic moves (6 of attack and 8 of defense) and how to implement them, conveying the message of Philip Kotler (the founder of modern marketing) that in business one can win with ten and loose with one hundred.
In this conference Professor Sá shared with the audience:
- The what – 14 types of strategies:
- Six of attack (frontal attack, guerrilla, by-pass, flanking, etc.)
- Eight of defense (signaling, creating entry barriers, global service, etc.)
- The how: the rules to follow when implementing each type of strategy;
- The when:
- When to attack and when to defend?; and
- When attacking or when defending, which type of strategy to follow?
- With whom: alone or in alliance (13 types of alliances)?
- Competitiveness is a consequence of mastering the what, the how, the when and with whom;
- Internationalization key success factors: how Toyota conquered world markets; and
- Strategies followed by other Japanese companies (Honda, Mazda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki);
The talk was based on Professor Sá’s three books “Strategy Moves”, “The War Lords” and “The Neglected Firm” (covers, indexes and back covers below):
Jorge Sá recently retired from Professor at IESE associated AESE (site: www.aese.pt).
He is a Peter Drucker expert and a speaker on Peter Drucker, with whom he studied and who offered letters of recommendation for his books and endorsements for his work.
His books have been translated into twelve languages, published over thirty articles in blind refereed academic reviews and journals, has addressed conferences and given seminars at several institutions (e.g. TED USA – https://youtu.be/SOkjPVi1Fts –, London Business School, Oxford, IESE, George Washington University, Peter Drucker Society of Europe, European Commission, etc.), and has worked as private consultant, non-executive director or taught in the executive programs of multinational companies such as: Coca-Cola, SHELL, Unisys, IBM, Glaxo, British Petroleum – BP, Makro (Metro group), Intermarché, Scottish & Newcastle, Sara Lee, Total, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Henkel, McDonald’s, UnitedHealth group, Vodafone, Merck, Volkswagen Group, Microsoft, etc.
He speaks and writes (by alphabetical order) English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
His hobbies are soccer (degree as professional coach) and the relation between military history (battles) and business administration, having written several books on the topic.
For more information on this conference please check our website at: https://www.vasconcellosesa.com/public-speaking/conferences/ or contact us at email@example.com .